As one of the world’s largest retailers and the largest private employer in the United Kingdom (second largest after the UK government) Tesco serves millions of customers a week in our stores and online portal.
Tesco Bengaluru is the only international technology and retail operations centre for Tesco worldwide – we make the Tesco experience better for millions of our customers and simpler for over 4,40,000 colleagues around the world. Established in 2004, Tesco Bengaluru is pivotal to Tesco, and we enable its business with our expertise in technology, business operations, property, finance and commercial services.
Offering Leading Retail Solutions that Solve Business Needs
At Tesco Bengaluru, we develop convenient shopping platforms and pioneering products that add immense value to customers across the globe. In this, we are guided by our core purpose of ‘Serving Tesco shoppers a little better every day.’
- Our pioneering Tesco Labs inspires people from all over the business to think about new ways of doing things and to build a culture of innovation
- We manage among the largest processing initiatives that covers 350,000 colleagues
- Launched in 2007, our Retail Lab is one of the foremost centres of its kind in the country, designed to test retail system upgrades in a live environment
A Leading Global In-House Centre in The Industry
Tesco Bengaluru is today, a mature global in-house centre in the retail space and has proved to be the benchmark for other global in-house centres setting up operations in India.
We are actively engaged with industry bodies, regularly leading the conversations at events on retail operations, technology trends and values-led working. This can be substantiated with the recognition and awards we have received from the industry till date:
- Bronze Sponsor of Grace Hopper Conference, 2016
- Exhibition Partner at Unplugged event, 2016
- Gold Sponsor of the NASSCOM GIC Conclave, 2015
- Silver Sponsor of NASSCOM India Leadership Forum, 2015
- Conducted Tesco Agile Conference 2015
- Gold Sponsor of the NASSCOM GIC Conclave, 2014
Award Winning Operations
- ‘Best Corporate Social Responsibility Practices Award’ at the 2016 Global CSR Excellence & Leadership Awards organised by the World CSR Congress
- ‘Best Loyalty Solution Provider’ award at Indian eRetail Congress, 2014
- ‘Best Ornamental Garden’ award by Mysore Horticultural Society, 2014
- STPI Karnataka IT Export Award (2011-2012): ‘Best Performance in Highest Percentage of Women Employer – IT Sector’